Friday, July 6, 2012

Week 3, Check!

This second week of teaching went really well, praise Jesus! I finally feel like we have a groove to the day (minus missing music class today, woops) but I'm having a lot of fun with my students. This week we finished our Space Unit! The students, researched and presented posters on the different planets, participated in the GALACTIC GAMES, created their own constellations, creatively wrote what it would be like if they were astronauts, and crafted their own astronaut helmets- ready to blast off into space! It was a fun week with a sad ending. Today was eight of my students' last day of summer school so they won't be returning for the second session :( Some of my favorites too but I truly hope they enjoyed their time and learned a little something along the way! I forced them to give me a hug before they left, haha. I love them all.



P.s. Thank you so much Piggly Wiggly for the incredibly generous paper bag donations! :) They worked out perfectly.



So CONFESSION! I finally took advantage of the wonderfully cheap massages here in Cambodia. We went to a place called Daughters of Cambodia. It is this "organization" that helps girls who were once apart of sex trafficking get back on their feet. Pretty neat! Anyways, a one hour head to toe massage for only $13. It was so amazing :)

Three more weeks to go and it is all going by so quickly! I am trying to take in as much as I can and let God use me in all the ways He sees fit. I am so thankful for a God who loves unconditionally, a God of such creativity, a God who is so incredibly patient, and a God who appreciates laughter more than I could imagine.

Fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you! 2 Tim. 1:6

1 comment:

  1. Katrina! I can't believe how fast time is going for you! It truly seems that God has you in a most perfect place Every day you teach...and every day you learn! I really hope you get to see the students who left, again! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete