Saturday, July 7, 2012

I Ate A Bug Club!

Did you know that the sound trucks make as they back up is NOT the typical beep, beep, beep in Cambodia, but rather to the tune of "Its A Small World After All!?"

Happy Saturday :) Today was a touristy day but enjoyable! We started off the morning by making pancakes from scratch (thank you Ji Hae) which were so good and then headed to the city with Aaron! Today we went to the Central Market where I freshened up my bargaining skills! We then had lunch at a place that helps street children get an education, "Friends." I love all of these places that support people who really need the help to get back onto their feet, it's encouraging! After lunch we went to the Royal Palace which wasn't all that exciting but something to see I suppose. I think a King, or someone important, was there so a lot of the areas were closed off, shoot.


Now the exciting part of the day! All week we have been building up the guts to eat a tarantula and today was the day! Aaron took us to this restaurant, that outside had a sign that read "Creative Cuisine" (appropriate) and YUP we ate tarantula!!! That was only the appetizer, for my actual dinner I had a Red Tree Ant platter. MMMM. The tarantula was actually pretty good, after getting past the squeamish part, but I wasn't a huge fan of the ants. We'll see if my stomach holds up, fingers crossed!






1 comment: