Saturday, July 21, 2012

So Here's The Story...

So here's the story all about how my life got twisted upside down... (so catchy). So bad news on Wednesday! After a long day at school I found out at lunch that the Prime Minister closed all the schools in Cambodia due to a spreading disease called Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. Unfortunately this meant that we would no longer be teaching summer school with a week and half left to go. This also meant that I would no longer see my students again, as well as the neighborhood kids and orphans :( The hardest part about this change was that I was never able to say goodbye, it didn't seem fair. Thankfully our team is healthy but this decision left our team wondering what was next. Although I really don't understand why this had to happen and I am missing a sense of closure I know God has a plan and its not always my place to understand. Trust!! A few doors have been opened for our last week here thankfully. We are going to go help with an organization called Cambodian Christian Arts Ministry who we have been in contact with through friends since we arrived in Cambodia. Then in the afternoon God has really blessed us with the chance to go back to the orphanage we have been volunteering at. We cannot work at the school but we have gotten special permission to go to the children's home to play with them there :) yay!!

I mostly wish that I could have just explained to all of the kids I can no longer see why we cannot play anymore and remind them one last time how special they are and how much I love them. I do need to remember though that I have a God so much greater than I and he is watching over the kids here in Cambodia with a love I could never give. So please be praying for my team this last week as God uses us in ways we may not even understand.

1 comment:

  1. Now why would you start off with such a great theme song, then deliver sad news!? :( anyways I have enjoyed reading all your posts. It looks like you are making a life-long connection with those kids in an amazing way. Continue to stay positive(like you always do) and you are correct when you say God has a plan and reason. Stay safe k.

    ReplyDelete