Monday, July 2, 2012

California Training Recap!

June 17th, I left for California for a week of training! I got to the airport with an exceptionally heavy bag, actually 16lbs too heavy and needless to say my mom went home with a handful of candy, crafts, and supplies. Good news though, my box of chalk, Christmas lights, and box of sparklers made the trip (the necessities of course)! My bag was forever marked HEAVY!


I safely arrived to California, figured out the random shuttle bus, and before even arriving God provided me with friends going my same direction! All week I was blessed with a peace and comfort that could only come from God, no first day of school jitters woo! During the training week I met my amazing Cambodia team (Crystal, Ji Hae, Bonnie, and Sybil) and many other full-hearted servants of God preparing to love all around the world. Throughout this week we sat through different sessions and ate food. The sessions consisted of teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL), culture, language, team bonding, practicums, and who knows what else...it all seems to blend together as one LONG week! We were ready to fly out to Cambodia before the week even really got started :)

Fun story, such a small world! I ran into my friend Michael Bishop from ONU at this teeny little university. A friendly face was just what I needed :)


After a week of people overload and draining days, training came to an end and it was sad to say goodbye BUT how cool it was going to be knowing that all around the world people were spreading God's love simultaneously! One relationship to note, we met the CUTEST korean man named Daniel! Our "BFFL" joined our Cambodia group during meals and even some practicum sessions! He warmed my heart like crazy :)



First team to leave...here we come CAMBODIA!

"I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the kingdom of heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matt. 18:2-4

How joyful I can be for little kids with huge hearts! We should all strive to be children of this earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment