Wednesday, July 4, 2012

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY AMERICA!

MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY EVERRRR so of course I force fed it to my non-American students :) I made it very clear today that it was Miss Holm's favorite holiday and everyone better be excited, haha and they should be considering we didn't do much schoolwork and I bribed them with presents!

Happy Fourth of July everyone!! In school today we discussed the importance of parades (and how there is no better moment than getting pelted by free candy), fireworks, and hotdogs :) played a few holiday games, colored with chalk, and created 4th of July lanterns. It was a fun day with the kids whether they completely understood or not!! Neighborhood kids came today too, so so wonderful.






Tonight Aaron took us all to Mike's burgers to properly finish celebrating the 4th! Mike, the owner and the cook, lived through and survived the Khmer Rouge, moved to California for 30 years where he learned to cook really great food, and then moved back to Cambodia where he know serves the best guaranteed burgers. They were really good and his story is really cool!


MMM an American meal at its best! Today was a great day; I hope everyone back home has a fun and safe holiday! OOOO and AHHH during the fireworks for me :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I knew that the 4th is your fav!!! I love how you write...do you ever feel like the Lord may use you in some kind of writing forum? Your words really draw a picture well. You include humor that makes me laugh and you write from your heart in a way that grips a person's heart. Happy 4th Katrina!

    ReplyDelete